Aleksandra Zaryanova is one of the world's strongest women and was a promising athlete, but all that changed when the Siberian omnium reawakened. As a soldier in the Russian Defense Force, she now proudly uses her strength to protect the ones she loves.
Zarya is a bruiser that can enable deadly allies and is good at preventing burst damage.
- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Trivia
- 12 References
- 13 Patch changes
Aleksandra was born in a remote Siberian village that was on the front lines of the Omnic Crisis, which began some thirty years ago. Although Russian forces defeated the robots and shut down their omnium, the region was devastated by the conflict. Only a child at the time, Aleksandra was surrounded by the post-war destruction, and as she grew older, she swore that she would gain the strength to help her people recover.
Zarya is a Warrior who plays the role of a Bruiser and a Support at the same time. She is unique as she is capable of shielding both herself and her allies, and any damage absorbed by her shields contributes to her energy meter to increase her damage output.
Overall, Zarya fits well in a double Warrior composition, as long the other Warrior is a dedicated tank. She excels against teams that feature multiple burst-oriented Heroes.
- Does not use mana, and instead uses .
- Very supportive playstyle that gives her a powerful teamfight presence.
- Flexible talent tree, allowing her to specialize into either support or damage.
- is a very effective poking tool, and holds multiple charges.
- It can become very powerful when Zarya is at full Energy, if talented into.
- can single handedly define the outcome of teamfights.
- has very low cooldown for a Heroic Ability, and it is great for defending objectives.
- Highly dependent on her Energy in order to deal damage.
- Poor early gameplay and a lack of peeling or crowd control until level 10.
- No mobility.
- Susceptible to crowd control.
- Not ineffective against mobile Heroes.
- Skilled players can play around her shields and deny her Energy gains.
- has a small delay, and is easy to avoid.
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Energy Build: focused on maximizing the effectiveness of Zarya's build-up, adding a good blend of damage and survivability. This build aims on keeping Zarya always above the threshold specified by her two key talents, and to greatly increase her damage output.
- This build is recommended for most situations.
- Particle Grenade Build: focused on improving the damage and cooldown reduction of Zarya's , allowing Zarya to deal consistent high damage and poke opponents more often.
- This build is recommended when the team lacks an additional source of damage. However, it is not recommended when fighting a very mobile team composition, as it makes harder to hit with Particle Grenade.
- Basic Attack Build: focused on improving Zarya's Basic Attack damage. The key talents are and , increasing Zarya's damage and radius, respectively.
- This build is recommended when fighting a team composed mostly by Melee Heroes.
- Don't be afraid to cast and purposedly soak damage from enemy structures in order to gain quick Energy.
- Try to anticipate damage to get the best of Personal Barrier and .
- Positioning is key when using Zarya's Basic Attack, as it pierces all enemies in a line for 100% damage. Use this to quickly clear minion waves and Mercenary Camps.
- Use when the enemy team is at a vulnerable state (such as casting an ability) or afflicted by another form of crowd control.
- Use to trap opponents on choke points.
- Defender of Russia (base)
|Defender of Russia||Steel||Maroon||Industrial 150|
- High Gravity 100
- The Tobelstein Reactor is an emergent technology, and its full potential has yet to be tapped. Rumor has it that the Gravitic Harness is the next great advancement in energy projection.
|High Gravity||Cobalt||Quartz||Crimson 150|
- Cyberdemon 400
- Reverse engineered from Overwatch's cyberization techniques, the Jigoku battle armor offers most of the benefits of cybernetic augmentation without requiring invasive surgery.
- Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Thunder Guard 400
- Armed with their Mjolnir Cannons, Zarya Aleksdottir and the Thunder Guard serve as the Midgard megalopolis' last defense against the Jotunheim Republic and their frost golem army.
- This skin is related to the Midgard themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
|Thunder Guard||Emerald||Spectre||Citrine 600|
- Phantom Knight
- The Black Knights have served as the mercenary protectors of Raven Court since age immemorial. It is only natural that their commander, Zarya, the Phantom Knight, serves as one of the four generals of the Raven Lord's army.
- The "Cyborgdemon" variant of her "Cyberdemon" skin makes a reference to Genji, in both color scheme and name.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Citrine Thunderguard Zarya and Industrial Zarya added.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Crimson High Gravity added.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Golden Cyberdemon Zarya, Restored Cyberdemon Zarya skins added.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Cyberdemon Zarya, Indigo Cyberdemon Zarya, Cyborgdemon Zarya skins added.
- (Patch March 28, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause players to stall when Zarya was affected by certain attack speed modifiers.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Zarya's Basic Attacks can now be affected by attack speed modifications.; Damage that occurs just before Zarya’s Barrier breaks will now correctly grant her energy.
- (Patch January 27, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced from 21 to 20.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing the “Drop and give me Twenty” quest indicator from disappearing after the quest was completed.
- (Patch October 12, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced from 24 to 21; Base Maximum Health reduced from 2336 to 2225; Base Health Regeneration reduced from 4.87 to 4.64.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Added.