For a time, the gladiator Valeera Sanguinar served dutifully as one of Varian Wrynn’s personal bodyguards. But ultimately, her shadowy skills found her a natural fit within the secretive rogue order, the Uncrowned, in their fight against the Legion. Now Valeera brings her deadly sharp blades, and even sharper wits, into the Nexus.
Valeera is a tricky assassin who gains access to different abilities while stealthed. Builds combo points and Eviscerates her opponents.
- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Patch changes
- 13 References
When Valeera was young, her family was killed by bandits. She survived both the bandits and the Scourge, seeking out a living by stealing what she needed; however, when trying to steal a shaman's talisman, she was caught and jailed. She would later fight as a gladiator beside Varian Wrynn and Broll Bearmantle, become possessed by a powerful demon, and later become a defender of Stormwind.
Valeera is an elusive stealth assassin capable of dealing high burst damage through through her unique Combo System mechanic. Much like in World of Warcraft, she generates combo points by hitting opponents with Basic Abilities, and consume them to deal increased damage using her finishing moves. Unlike other Nova and Zeratul, she can activate her stealth at will, allowing her carefully engage opponents when opportunity arrives, or flee from them when requiring a strategical retreat. While under stealth, she has access to an entire different set of abilities, that will break the stealth upon used.
Overall, Valeera is a highly versatile Hero with a huge batch of crowd-control abilities, disabling key targets so her team can capitalize on it. She fits well in a wide variety of team compositions, but truly shine on hard engage compositions, allowing her to sneakly hit the backline.
- Doesn't use mana. Instead, uses an Energy meter to fuel her Basic Abilities. This replenishes quickly.
- Elusive and slippery, being difficult to kill.
- Excels at shutting down enemy Assassins, Supports and other priority targets.
- Has diverse options for initiation, with a kit that brings a lot of utility and crowd-control.
- Flexible playstyle.
- is a versatile ability and Valeera's main mobility tool, being a highly efficient gap-closer, as well to dodge skillshots.
- is excellent to generate quick combo points, as well giving Valeera a minimal waveclear.
- is Valeera's main tool for high burst damage, dealing more damage the more combo points she has.
- makes Valeera untargetable and unreveleable, allowing her to prevent targeted abilities, as well being a very effective way to trick opponents and flee.
- is very useful against team compositions that feature heavy crowd control and spell damage.
- Can enter stealth at will through , which can be used for both engage and disengage.
- Very hard learning curve.
- Requires careful positioning.
- Very poor waveclear, laning and sieging.
- Completely lack of self-sustain.
- Vulnerable to hard crowd-control (i.e. stuns and silences).
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Shadow of the Uncrowned
|Shadow of the Uncrowned||Malachite||Wraith|
- Bloodfang 100
- There's no actual proof Valeera infiltrated Blackwing Lair and slew its master at the bequest of her king... But, I mean, there wouldn't be, would there?
- Demon Hunter 400
- The difference between Valeera and her enemies was simple. They would stop at nothing to destroy Azeroth, whereas she would sacrifice everything to save it.
|Demon Hunter||Deadly||Wild||Crimson 600|
- Vampire Slayer V 600 (Hallow's End event)
- Not all of Raven Court's vampires swear fealty to the Raven Lord. The one known only as "V" has launched a solitary crusade against her own kind, making her an unlikely ally of the Vampire Slayers.
- This skin is related to the Raven Court themed-skins. Features themed animations and themed abilities.
|Vampire Slayer V||Coldheart||Midnight||Phantom|
- The "Vampire Slayer V" skin is a reference to "Vampire Hunter D", a series of Japanese novels written by Hideyuki Kikuchi and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano since 1983.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Vampire Slayer V added.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Emerald Bloodfang Valeera, Moonstone Bloodfang Valeera skins added.; Enemy Heroes will no longer hear when Valeera primes her activated Talents, like Crippling Poison, when she is Stealthed.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Crimson Demon Hunter Valeera, Ivory Demon Hunter Valeera skins added.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Will no longer be revealed when entering the Haunted Mines or using the Tunnel on Towers of Doom.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Radius decreased to better match actual model size.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Shift queuing movement commands followed by a Hearthstone or Mount command will no longer break Stealth before channeling begins.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 75 to 79; Health increased from 1950 to 2047; Health Regeneration reduced from 4.54 to 4.26.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Added.