The Tomb of the Spider Queen is a battleground in Heroes of the Storm. The tomb's grand halls and labyrinthine passages speak to a vast cavernous under-city which features regal structures, moody lighting, and a host of creepy corners… and spiders. Great riches lie within the tomb.
The map is the smallest battleground in the game, with the lanes located very close together. 3 lanes exist in the map. It is a dark and moody interior space where players destroy enemy minions to claim the gems they drop. Turning these gems in will summon a powerful wave of Webweavers to attack the team's enemies. Players drop any gems they’re carrying when they die, but while their enemies can’t pick them up, savvy opponents may deny their teammates the opportunity of retrieving them. The gems will disappear after a certain time limit if not picked up.
- (Patch April 24, 2018) Note: The left-side team’s bottom Fort can no longer attack enemy Heroes who are just beyond the Gate.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Medivh will now properly fly over the Spider Queen’s Altars while in Raven form, rather than path around them.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: The Top-lane Keep on the left side of the Battleground can no longer attack enemies who are standing next to the Gate.; The number of Spider Gems held by each team will now always display, even if zero Gems are currently being carried.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Side Gate Health is now consistent across Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Successfully turning in enough Gems to summon Webweavers on Tomb of the Spider Queen will now properly interrupt other players who were also channeling at that time.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Battleground objective UI for Blackheart's Bay and Tomb of the Spider Queen will now indicate the total number of Doubloons and Gems each team currently has in its possession.; The Spider Queen’s voiceover will now play appropriately when triggering objectives on Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Increased the damage and Health scaling of Webweavers and their minions by 50% past the 15 minute mark.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: In-game music for the Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen, and Garden of Terror Battlegrounds has been updated.; Fixed an issue that could prevent Mercenary Camps from respawning appropriately after turning in enough Gems to summon Webweavers on Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- 2014-11-07, Heroes of the Storm Feature Trailer - BlizzCon 2014. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-11-08
- BlizzCon 2014 Press Kit
- 2015-03-26, Heroes of the Storm: Tomb of the Spider Queen. YouTube, accessed on 2015-03-28
- 2015-03-06, PAX East 2015 Blizzard Panel | Blizzplanet (1/2). YouTube, accessed on 2015-03-22
- 2015-03-24, HEROES CLOSED BETA PATCH NOTES -- MARCH 24, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-03-25
- 2015-03-06, Pax East 2015 : Sylvanas, Tomb of the Spider Queen and UI updates. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-17
- 2015-03-04, Heroes of the Storm: Tomb of the Spider Queen. YouTube, accessed on 2015-03-17