Sky Temple is an Egyptian-themed battleground. Floating above the vast desert sands of Luxoria, the Sky Temple serves as a center of worship for the snake god, Ka. He stores his great power within the temples, each of them secured by guardians. With such defenses, no warriors would think to seize the god's power for themselves... or would they?
Sky Temple is a large map, where most of the core objectives lie outside the lanes. Teams must periodically fight to capture the ancient temples, defeat their guardians, and use their power to destroy the enemy’s fortifications.
The first temple will activate 3 minutes into the match, following a 30-second warning. The first Temple indicators will appear on the Minimap 30 seconds after the game begins, as well as 30 seconds after all Temples in the same event have been depleted.
On this particular map the Boss is in the middle of the map that is called the "Mosh Pit". This object is dangerous to take because both teams can easily disrupt the other teams attempt to capture the Boss. It is advisable to avoid attempting to take this objective unless your team has a sizable level advantage or in numbers (i.e., after a favorable team battle).
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: The first Battleground objective event will now activate 3 minutes into the match, following a 30-second warning.; The first Temple indicators will appear on the Minimap 30 seconds after the game begins, as well as 30 seconds after all Temples in the same event have been depleted.; Fixed an issue that could prevent Temple lasers from appearing correctly on the Minimap.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Received a number of minor layout improvements in order to alleviate certain areas that could create awkward gameplay moments.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Removed a few bushes in the jungle between bottom lane and middle lane.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue in which Temple attacks could briefly appear to fire beyond the Core.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Fixed an animation pop affecting Temple Guardians.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Sky Temple has received additional optimization polish.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: The Dragon Shire and Sky Temple Battlegrounds have received several A.I. improvements. A.I. controlled Heroes can now travel long distances more effectively, and will travel to take part in objectives from anywhere on the Battleground. A.I. controlled Heroes will now wait near an objective until enough allies have arrived that they can commit to a team fight at that objective.; Events in which all three Temples activate simultaneously will no longer occur.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: In-game music for the Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen, and Garden of Terror Battlegrounds has been updated.; Tornadoes cast by the Boss on Sky Temple can no longer push trapped Heroes out of Zagara’s Devouring Maw.
- 2014-11-07, Heroes of the Storm Feature Trailer - BlizzCon 2014. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-11-08
- Sky Temple, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-03-18
- 2015-03-06, Pax East 2015 : Sylvanas, Tomb of the Spider Queen and UI updates. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-18