- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Development
- 13 Patch changes
- 14 References
Out in the wild, there is only the law of the jungle; survival depends on having a pack, on looking out for one another. Together with his loyal animal companions, the bear Misha and Spirit the hawk, he prowls the Nexus, always looking for the next challenge. The strength of the bear, the hawk's swiftness, and the hunter's cunning make them a formidable (and inseparable) team.
Rexxar is a Warrior with a mechanic akin to The Lost Vikings, as he is essentially two Heroes into one. He calls upon his bear companion Misha to follow him around the battlefield and attack his foes. Misha is integral to Rexxar’s gameplay, harassing enemies, absorbing damage, and stunning enemy characters.
Overall, Rexxar fits well in double Warrior compositions, as he has a solid laning power, can clear mercenary camps at ease, and is provided with a good blend of survivability, damage and utility.
- Strong solo laning capacities.
- Decent duelist.
- Can solo Mercenary Camps at ease.
- Misha can be used to grant vision and scouting.
- Very strong during map objectives that require to defend areas (i.e. Dragon Shire) or to channel (i.e. Towers of Doom).
- In addition, Misha can be issued to move while Rexxar is channeling an objective without interrupting the channel.
- Can potentially reach one of the highest healthpools in the game thanks to .
- is a decent ability to chase enemy Heroes, as well useful in wave clear.
- is a powerful and disruptive ability, specially when facing multiple melee Heroes.
- , specially when combined with , makes Misha incredibly resilient, allowing Rexxar to clear Mercenary Camps and even Boss Camps.
- grants Misha an Assassin-level damage output.
- covers huge range, and is highly effective at securing takedowns.
- Considerably high learning curve as controlling Misha requires practice.
- Low healthpool for a Warrior (including Misha's).
- Low damage output outside of .
- Very weak if Misha is killed.
- Heroes with "Hit X Heroes" quest talents can easily abuse of Misha, using her as advantage.
- Misha can be easily exploited by other Heroes to attack Rexxar and his allies (i.e. Kael'thas using Misha to spread ; Kel'Thuzad using to pin down Misha against other Heroes).
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Animal Husbandry Build: focused on the level 4 talent , to keep Rexxar alive as long as possible to increase his and Misha's health to exponentially high amounts, as well picking other defensive talents, such as and , to make Rexxar and Misha incredibly resilient.
- Bruiser Misha Build: focused on maximizing Misha's damage output, making her a big threat during teamfights. This build also allows her to easily clear Mercenary Camps and even Boss Camps.
Players who choose to hunt by Rexxar’s side in the Nexus will find a Warrior like no other. Rexxar’s trait is Misha, his loyal bear companion who will fight with you and distract enemies while you throw your axes from safety. Use Spirit Swoop to slow all enemies in a line and set up a charge from Misha who will stun any enemy she hits. If your faithful friend gets low on health, Mend Pet will make sure she’s ready to get back into the action.
To make Misha more terrifying, choose Bestial Wrath as your Heroic to give her increased attack damage and make her a force to be reckoned with. If you prefer to play a more team oriented style, Unleash the Boars will create a horde of boars to hunt down enemy Heroes and slow them to bring the advantage to your allies.
- Champion of the Horde
|Champion of the Horde||Wild||Pallid|
- Frostlord Rexxar 100
- When the Crystal Citadel fell, the Frostlords were scattered and never heard from again. Legend holds that some still wander the frozen tundras or the north, ever searching for a new home.
- Features themed abilities.
- Beastmaster 100
- A beastmaster is at one with the wilds. When they kill, they ensure every part of the animal is made use of.
- Raider 1600
- The terrans are descended from Earth's exiled prisoners, mutants and degenerates. Some, like military ursine-handler Cpl. Rex Arkk, are more genetically aberrant than others.
- This skin is related to the StarCraft themed-skins. Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Rexxar was the first ranged Warrior added in Heroes of the Storm.
Rexarr was conceived within the first two years of the game's development. He was showcased as a character in 2013. As of December 2014, he was still intended for inclusion, but his release date was unknown. He was formally revealed at GamesCom 2015.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Biohazard Raider Rexxar skin added.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Received updated icon art to coincide with rework.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Rexxar’s prices have been reduced to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Raider skin added.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Error messages will no longer display when an AI Rexxar or Uther spawn in-game.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Will now animate properly while riding Mounts that hover.
- (Patch April 27, 2016) Note: Basic Attack range increased by 22%.; Health increased from 1643 (+4% per level) to 1725 (+4% per level).; Health regeneration increased from 3.42 (+4% per level) to 3.59 (+4% per level) per second.
- (Patch November 17, 2015) Note: Misha can now properly return to Rexxar if she is on the opposite side of an enemy Gate and an open path exists where a Wall was destroyed.
- (Patch September 8, 2015) Note: Added.
- Rexxar, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-09-09
- 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- 2014-12-05, HEROES OF THE STORM AMA TRANSCRIPT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-12-07
- 2015-08-05, NEW HEROES JOIN THE BRAWL AT GAMESCOM. Blizzpro, accessed on 2015-08-22