With cabalistic incantations and vestments of feather and bone, the Witch Doctors call upon spirits from the Unformed Land to aid them in battle. Few outlanders have ever encountered a Witch Doctor in the flesh without losing their own.
Nazeebo is a Specialist capable of dealing surprisingly high amounts of sustained damage at regular basis at safe range. He is unique as his trait, , enables him to gradually increase his maximum health and mana by killing minions, making him sturdier to take down over the course of the match.
Overall, Nazeebo is best suited in teams that features heavy damage dealers that can complement his sustained damage and execute opponents trapped in . Having a strong frontline is also good to provide Nazeebo enough space to unleash his creeps over the enemy team.
- Low mana usage during the mid to late game.
- Extremely high sustained damage.
- Very powerful waveclear and sieging.
- Can solo mercenary camps at ease (even Boss Camps if is picked).
- can potentially provide him with the largest healthpool of any non-Warrior Hero in the game.
- is great to harass enemy Heroes, especially those at low health.
- is very efficient to poke structures and prevent opponents to advance towards Nazeebo.
- provides Nazeebo with a lot of utility, allowing him to trap enemy Heroes for a quick takedown, or even to soak ammo from enemy Forts.
- can deal surprisingly high damage to the enemy team if ignored. It can also allow Nazeebo to solo Boss Camps, under the right circumstances.
- can wipe the entire enemy team with enough setup and crowd control from the rest of the allied team.
- Considerable high mana usage during the early game.
- Lacks mobility, being easy to take down when isolated.
- Low burst damage, usually requiring another ally with higher damage output and kill potential.
- requires stacking in order to be fully effective.
- move slow, being rather easy to avoid.
- can actually be a nuisance to the allied team if poorly used (such as unintentionally trapping allies).
- leaves Nazeebo completely vulnerable.
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Corpse Spiders Build: focuses on improving to maximize Nazeebo's single target damage potential, turning him into a very strong duelist, thanks to .
- Plague of Toads Build: focuses on improving to maximize Nazeebo's waveclear and poke potential. Under the right circumstances, this build can deal even higher damage than the Corpse Spiders Build.
- Zombie Wall Build: focuses on improving to maximize Nazeebo's utility and setup potential, with playing a major role, allowing him to cast abilities at a much safer distance.
- Learning how to stack as fast as possible is key to play Nazeebo; roaming in the early game is highly effective, especially in 3-lane maps, since Nazeebo is a powerful solo laner.
- Make sure to infect all the minions in a wave with Voodoo Ritual before killing them in order to maximize the stacking.
- Voodoo Ritual does NOT stack from killing other forms of creeps, such as Mercenaries, Bosses, summoned Hero units (i.e. Zagara's , Xul's ) and other types of special minions such as the Zerg Swarm from Braxis Holdout.
- However, it DOES stack from the spider minions from Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- It is ideal to reach 175 stacks of it before level 20, in order to acquire the , which provides a massive powerspike to Nazeebo.
- Focus on throwing at the middle of the enemy team during team fights, as it is Nazeebo's main source of damage.
- ' main purpose is for waveclear and sieging, as it is difficulty to hit enemies with. However, use it when opponents are moving towards Nazeebo to increase its accuracy.
- has the highest cooldown of Nazeebo's basic abilities, therefore it should be used carefully, always for utility: trapping enemy Heroes, taking mercenary camps, to prevent enemy Heroes from reaching Nazeebo, and to soak the enemy Forts in order to burn their ammo faster.
- Always make sure to cast at a safe location in order to prevent retaliation.
While Nazeebo provides plenty damage on his own, he is truly effective when paired with bursty Assassins with high kill potential. Also, Heroes that provides other forms of crowd control, such as slows and stuns, make easier for Nazeebo to trap his opponents with .
- Heretic Witch Doctor (base)
|Heretic Witch Doctor||Crimson||Shadow|
|Ceremonial 100||Rain 100||Sunrise 100|
- Grimskull 100
- The Teganze jungles hold many legendary weapons wielded by both man and demon alike. The Grimskull Visage itself has passed from one Witch Doctor too the next since the Sin War.
- Hellflame 100
- The Hellflame Mask was created in honor of Nazeebo's victory over the Prime Evil. Trusting no one else to guard the black soulstone, he kept it close... Perhaps, too close.
- Harlequin 400
- The Countess Kerrigan's demands for entertainment mirror the darkness within her. Her harlequins are masters at manipulating life and death, solely for her amusement.
- This skin is related to the Raven Court themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
- Gingerdread 1600
- Run, run, run... As fast as you can! No one escapes from the Gingerdread Man.
- This skin is related to the Winter Veil themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
- Nazeebo is somewhat unique in the context of the game, in that his base skin represents a blending of three of Blizzard's universes: a Witch Doctor from Diablo, holding the head of a Troll Witch Doctor from Warcraft and having a zergling skull (from StarCraft) on the back of his hip.
- A Nazeebo mini-figure was released in May, 2015.
Nazeebo was conceived within the first two years of the game's development. He was present in the original Blizzard DotA mod, but was simply named "Witch Doctor" in this version, without the "Nazeebo" de facto name. In Heroes of the Storm he was once known as "Naziba."
- (Patch April 24, 2018) Note: Nephalem Nazeebo, Ceremonial Nazeebo, Rain Nazeebo, Sunrise Nazeebo added.
- (Patch October 11, 2017) Note: Health reduced from 1638 to 1502; Health Regeneration reduced from 3.4125 to 3.1291.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Gingerbread skin added.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Chen and Nazeebo have received updated visual effects to coincide with their Talent reworks.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Nazeebo’s prices have been reduced to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- 2015-02-14, Toy Fair NY 2015 NECA Heroes of the Storm Action Figures Photos. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-02-15
- 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- StarCraft. 2011-10-20. Blizzard DOTA Trailer. Youtube. Accessed 2011-10-22.
- Naziba, IGN. Accessed on 2014-04-22