- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Development
- 12 Patch changes
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Once a mentor to Prince Arthas, Muradin was unable to prevent him from becoming the Lich King. After recovering from a mild case of amnesia, he is now the leader of the Bronzebeard clan post the "diamond-ization" of his brother, King Magni.
Muradin is a sturdy and durable Warrior, with a very agressive gameplay style with hard engage initiations. His kit features a lot of disruption, with reliable slows and stuns. He also counts on his trait, , to give him bonus health regeneration outside of combat. Because of this, he excels at skirmishes by going in and out of combat at ease thanks to his great mobility, something rare for a Warrior.
Overall, Muradin fits in most team compositions given his fantastic versatility and adaptability; he can be built as either a Main Tank to maximize his durability, or as a Bruiser, to allow him to become a dangerous duelist.
- Very high durability.
- Great peeling potential.
- Can be talented as Main Tank or a Bruiser.
- Exceptional crowd control with and , which are both fantastic pressure tools, allowing Muradin to stick to his opponents.
- is a great mobility maneuver that allows Muradin to reposition himself, wheter to dive inside the enemy backline, to flee from a dangerous situation, or to provide protection to his team by leaping in front of dangerous skillshots to soak their damage.
- provides Muradin with one of the best self-sustains in the game, as he can simply retreat to safety and have his health to quickly replenish.
- provides Muradin a massive health boost, making him even harder to take down.
- is very effective to isolate enemies and take down specific targets, as well giving an additional peeling tool to Muradin.
- Has access to .
- Considerable high mana usage.
- Limited waveclear.
- requires practice to use and aim.
- will only heal Muradin out of after not taking damage for a few moments, which is not possible during Team Fights.
- Additionally, damage-over-time effects delay the activation of Second Wind.
- can sometimes mess up setups if not properly used.
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Muradin can take a beating, so don’t be afraid to ruffle a few feathers. outputs damage when Muradin lands. Feel free to use the ability as a way to engage opponents.
- is great for knocking opponents away from your squishy teammates, like Valla or Tyrande. Feel free to use Haymaker as a means of buying teammates more time around tributes.
- Muradin’s Combat Trait, , can be instrumental in a long team fight around the shrines on Dragon Shire. Dish out your damage, walk away, allow Second Wind to activate, then dive back in for the killing blow!
- Mountain King (base)
- Lord 100
- To siege Icecrown, the Ashen Verdict forged the most powerful armors crafted by man... Meanwhile, Muradin stole a Ymirjar Lord's armor, and kicked everyone's arse.
- Magni 400
- It was hard for Magni to swallow his pride and accept Moira as member of the Council of Three Hammers, but he knew his deceased brother Muradin would have wanted peace in Ironforge.
|Magni||Frostborn||Dark Iron||High King|
- Kandy King 400
- Oh sure, you say you want to be King of Kandy Mountain...but the second a Gummy Dragon shows up, you'll be fleeing to Sugar Plum Valley like the rest. Heavy is the head that wears the cupcake crown.
- Features themed abilities.
|Kandy King||Sour Apple||Caramel|
- Maraudin' 1600
- Based in the Kel-Morian Combine, Three Hammer Securities employs the boldest and baddest mercenaries in the sector. Give them a call when you need to put someone in a world of hurt.
- This skin is related to the StarCraft themed-skins. Features replaced voice-over, themed abilities, themed animations and themed mount.
Muradin was conceived within the first two years of the game's development.
In the 2010 Blizzard DotA mod, Muradin had great resilience and had a short range attack. He benefited from strength items. As a unit, his abilities bore resemblance to those of the Warcraft III mountain king, though his model was a modification of the marauder from StarCraft II.
- In this version, he had the following stats:
- Attack: 2
- Life: 5
- Abilities: 4.5
- Speed: 1
- And the following abilities:
- Storm Bolt
- Adamantium Plating (boosted armor)
- War Cry (boosted defense)
According to Muradin's lore in this version, after a night of heavy drinking, Muradin awoke to find himself on a transport ship headed for Mar Sara. He subsequently began questing for the right combination of beer that would return him to Ironforge.
As of December 2014, the development team felt that Muradin was being overshadowed by other warrior heroes.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced from 97 to 88.
- (Patch July 26, 2017) Note: Health increased from 2633 to 2765; Health regen increased from 5.5 to 5.8.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Umojan Maraudin’ Muradin skins added.; Fixed an issue causing a pop in Muradin’s Avatar voice lines when playing in certain locales.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Radius adjusted to better match actual model size.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue causing Magni Muradin’s leg plates to appear to clip into his thighs.
- (Patch November 10, 2016) Note: Base Maximum Health increased from 2556 to 2633; Health Regen increased from 5.32 to 5.48.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Muradin’s prices have been increased to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Received new Talent icon tints to help players more easily differentiate between talents that modify the same Ability and exist on the same Talent tier.
- (Patch March 9, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that could completely refill Muradin’s Mana under certain circumstances.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Magni Muradin has received additional visual polish for certain Abilities and Talents.
- 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-22. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-10-23.
- StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-24. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Art Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-10-26.
- 2014-12-05, HEROES OF THE STORM AMA TRANSCRIPT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-12-07