Heroes are able to ride into battle on a mount, allowing quick returns to a fight and great mobility from one lane to another. Mounts replace boots. They have a two second channel time and allow heroes to move around faster. While mounted, when a hero is hit by any source of damage, they are dismounted. After dismounting, it takes a few seconds before a hero can mount again.
Most mounts include different skins. All players start with a free horse mount, and most additional mounts can be "crafted" via the Collection interface using shards. Prices range from 100 to 1600. In addition, unique mounts are also given as a reward to players who make a real money purchase; these "billy goats" are different depending on when a player made the purchase.
|Crimson Hare||Demonic Hellsteed||Judgment Charger||Rainbow Unicorn||Tyrael's Charger|
|Illidan's Nightmare||Phantom Stallion||Undead Horse|
|Armored War Steed||Golden Nexus Charger||Marshal's Outrider|
|Amani War Bear||Butcher's Beast||Dire Wolf||Felsaber||Hellboar|
|Lunar Rooster||Lunar Tiger||Ringmaster's Pride|
|Saddled Battle Beast|
|Golden Lunar Rooster|
|Lucky Piggy Bank|
|Cyber Ram||Ghost Speeder||Road Boar||Space Lord's Starbreaker||Spectre Phantom|
|Golden Lunar Skyrocket|
|Cloud Serpent||Heart Stone||Lunar Dragon||Magic Carpet||Star Chariot|
Crypt Lord Wings
Flames of Wrath
Ghost Wolf Form
|Crimson Count Arthas
The following mounts are not found in the current Collection pane. They are also not part of any season, promotion, or competition. As such, it is unknown whether they may become obtainable again.
|Blackheart's Doubloon||Golden Rooster
Now known as Golden Lunar Rooster
|Nazeebra||Piggy Bank||Treasure Goblin|
- The idea for mounts came from Thrall, where, in early development, he was given a cyber wolf to ride in order to distinguish him from Za'Muro. This sparked the idea of the use of mounts in general.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: When ridden by a Hero in Stealth, mechanical Mounts will no longer play sound effects that are audible to nearby enemy Heroes.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Movement Speed reduced from 40 to 30%.
- (Patch July 20, 2016) Note: Heroes who have unique Mounts, such as Zagara and Anub’arak, will no longer occasionally receive Horse Mounts in-game.
- Nethaera. 2011-10-22. StarCraft II – Blizzard DOTA & Mod Tools Panel. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-10-22.
- 2014-03-12, HEROES OF THE STORM PREVIEW: UNLOCKING THE HERO WITHIN. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-04-29
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- Mike Fahey. 2011-10-24. The Queen of Blades is No Match for the New and Improved Blizzard DOTA. Kotaku. Accessed 2012-05-13.