Most dryads are fierce protectors of the forest, preferring to spend their days keeping watch over the trees. Lunara, First Daughter of Cenarius, however, has ventured out of the woodlands she once called home, turning her ferocity—and her spears—toward any who would seek to exploit nature’s bounty.
- Good poke
- Wide and flexible vision
- Can also specialize on countering stealth heroes
- Has innate mobility that may outmanuver many heroes if skillshots are dodged
- Can be built to deal extreme single-target damage, decent multi-target damage or sustained solo damage
- Can nullify incoming threats with
- Cooldown of both heroic abilities are short
- She has no burst potential at all
- She is easily countered by many heroes who have decent heal-over-time abilities (such as Lúcio)
- On the other hand, stealth heroes with burst damage can also counter her
- Most of her damage comes from basic attacks and her trait
- Incredibly weak against blinds, roots, silences and vulnerable to all other sorts of crowd control
- Heavily overpowered when the enemy position is not in her favor, for example, multiple heroes against single-target build Lunara will easily push her away
- Struggles against heroes who can out-poke her (such as Zul'jin and Sgt. Hammer)
- Very weak against heroes with good self-sustain
- Ineffective on maps where burst damage is key for victory on objectives (such as Battlefield of Eternity)
- Extremely useless when played in "Front lines"
- Weak waveclear without Thornwood Vine
- Very poor at sieging
- Has to rely on allied heroes to block exit and protect her
- Her only sources of crowd control are decaying slows which can be easily countered even by minor talents
- Awful durability and bad escape
- Ill-positioned Leaping Strike can lead her to certain doom
- Hard to learn and master
- No access to mount, which is very punishing on bigger maps (like Warhead Junction)
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- First Daughter of Cenarius (base)
|First Daughter of Cenarius||Autumn||Frost|
- Sentinel 100
- Lunara watched as the betrayer Malfurion's fel magic coonsumed her beloved wilds. When High Priestess Shadowsong called upon the dryads to join the Sentinels, she was the first to volunteer.
- Champion 100
- As her power grew. Lunara began to hear the wilds of the Nexus crying out for a champion. They granted her untold power, and she granted them ruthless protection.
- Warden 100
- When the war was finally over, the Betrayer Malfurion sat in chains. Unable to return to an idyllic life in the wilds. Lunara joined the Watchers in order to keep an eye on their accursed prisoner.
- La Parca 2,400
- It is said that the currently-undefeated La Parca arrived from parts unknown with a look of death in her eyes. This Nexomania, she meets the former champion La Pantera in the ring. It is sure to be the match of the century!
|La Parca||La Catrina||Los Muertos|
- Winter Veil 400
- Lunara, the festive Dryad, has a very pointy spear. And if you ever see it, you should probably run in fear.
- This skin is related to the Winter Veil themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
|Winter Veil||Cold 600||Mistletoe|
Lunara's appearance was taken from the classic designs of the dryad unit in Warcraft III. Her abilities are based on those of the unit.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Harvest Champion Lunara added.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Changing Lunara's Skin selection during draft mode will now correctly update her draft portrait.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Winterveil skin added.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Auriel and Lunara: Fixed an issue causing Lunara’s camera to behave strangely after being resurrected by Auriel’s Resurrect.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: Lunara's prices have been reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Lunara's Basic Attack has received responsiveness improvements; Ranged Basic Attack animation speed increased by 50%.; Melee Basic Attack animation speed increased by 300% to match the ranged animation’s new speed.
- (Patch January 20, 2016) Note: Health increased from 1300 to 1430; Health Regeneration increased from 2.7083 to 2.9804 Health per second.
- (Patch December 15, 2015) Note: Added.
- 2015-11-06, NEW HEROES & BATTLEGROUNDS ANNOUNCED AT BLIZZCON 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-11-15
- 2015-12-28, BlizzCon 2015 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-01-03