Healing fountains (a.k.a. healing wells) are found by each fort. When used, over 20 seconds they replenish 40% of the hero's maximum health and 30% of the hero's maximum mana (other resources are unaffected). It has a 120-second cooldown tracked separately for each hero. Heroes can't use an enemy's fountain.
Fort healing fountains have 1750 health, while Keep healing fountains have 2000 health. One quarter of this health serves as a shield, which starts to regenerate 8 seconds after it stops taking damage.
Destroying a healing fountain doesn't reward any experience.
Healing pads existed in previous builds of the game.
- (Patch July 20, 2016) Note: The Healing Fountain Cooldown tooltip will now display its intended description text in non-English game clients.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Cooldown increased from 100 to 120 seconds; Health Regeneration - Previously: Restore 41% of maximum Health over 20 seconds. Now: Restore 40% of maximum Health over 20 seconds.; Mana Regeneration - Previously: Restore 20% of maximum Mana over 20 seconds. Now: Restore 30% of maximum Mana over 20 seconds.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: 25% of a Healing Well’s maximum Health has been converted into a Shield. Shield Regeneration delay of 8 seconds.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Hero voiceover that instructs others to visit a Healing fountain will now play less frequently.
- BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Art Panel, StarCraft Legacy. Accessed on 2013-11-10