After shattering the Worldstone, the young Amazon Cassia had changed. She had seen hatred, terror, and destruction firsthand. If the Askari were to survive the coming darkness, they needed an army. She would begin their training immediately.
- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Patch changes
- 13 External links
A powerful warrior, Cassia belonged to nomadic bands who roamed the plains near the South Sea. The wandering of these groups often brought them into conflict with other peoples, so Cassia was accustomed to fighting to defend her own. She was much sought after as a mercenary—Cassia was loyal to those who hired her, as long as her own ends were also served.
Cassia is an Assassin that can be played as either a focusing on poke or high sustained damage. She is unique as her trait, , makes her extremely resilient against basic attacks as long she is moving. In addition, she passively deals increased damage to enemies under blind effects. These combined makes Cassia a natural counter for any Hero that relies on physical damage.
Overall, Cassia can fit into many team compositions due the flexibility of her gameplay style, however, she gains added value if her allies can also blind enemies, further increasing her bonus damage uptime.
- naturally makes her a strong counter to Heroes that rely on basic attack to deal damage.
- Passively deals bonus damage to blinded opponents.
- Flexible talent tree, allowing her to focus on either poke through abilities, or sustained damage through basic attacks.
- Has access to an area of effect burst oriented talent at level 1, .
- Can gain a powerful tool of self-sustain through the level 4 talent .
- provides Cassia with a very effective poke, specially if talented into.
- covers a decent area of effect.
- is a powerful finishing move, specially if opponents are affected by some kind of crowd control.
- It also provides decent waveclear if minions are blinded.
- can deal massive damage under the right circumstances.
- is a powerful displacement tool if Cassia has proper setups and/or follow ups to do so.
- Has lower Basic Attack range compared to other ranged Heroes, making engaging somewhat more difficult.
- Since only works against basic attacks, enemies who focus on spell damage (like Jaina, Li-Ming, and Kael'thas) can send Cassia scurrying in a hurry.
- Has no mobility outside of , which once cast, commits Cassia to that position, which can often leave her vulnerable if poorly timed.
- She finds difficult to compete against other ranged Assassins that can often outperform her in terms of damage and utility.
- Both Heroic Abilities are relatively easy to avoid if the enemy team is not under crowd control.
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Lightning Fury Build: focused maximizing 's poke damage and spam capacity. The core of this build lies in the level 1 talent, , which allows Cassia to use the ability more often by granting it another charge and reducing its mana cost; and at level 16, which allows Cassia to maximize the damage potential and hit multiple Heroes at once. This build is recommended when facing multiple ranged assassins focused on ability damage ("mages").
- Fend Build: focused on maximizing 's raw damage to make it devastating with the right setup, while allowing Cassia to blind her opponents more often thanks to , meaning more damage uptime. This build is recommended when the allied team features heavy crowd control abilities (such as stuns and roots) and when the enemy team has no reliable interrupts to prevent Cassia from channeling Fend.
- Charged Strikes Build: focused on improving Cassia's Basic Attack damage through the key talent , which allows her to put constant pressure on enemy groups. The synergy of the build lies in three other talents that allows Cassia to maximize her damage output: at level 13, which pairs perfectly with at level 16, and lastly . This not only makes Cassia a very strong Basic Attacker, but also makes her a threat to Warriors and other high health Heroes. This build is recommended against a strong frontline featuring multiple Melee Heroes.
- Mastering "stutter-stepping" is key when playing Cassia, to both maximize her damage output while keep her under the effects of .
- is an essential talent for Cassia's survival, as it adds a very much needed self-sustain tool, easily outclassing the other talents in this tier.
- Use to poke enemies from a safe range, while hitting with basic attacks.
- Try to hit as many opponents possible with to maximize the damage output (and also healing if Ring of the Leech is taken).
- Try to use as a finishing move to execute targets; save it when they're under crowd control effects such as stuns and roots to ensure all the hits will land.
- Use when opponents are clustered, or to win 1v1 situations.
- Use is to interrupt opponents' channeled cooldowns, or to pull low mobility Heroes who are out of position.
While Cassia pairs well with most Heroes due the flexibility of her talent tree and gameplay style, she shines when paired with Heroes that can provide additional sources of blind, as well strong crowd control to allow her to hit the opponents more effectively.
Cassia's entire kit is built around combating Basic Attackers, as she can heavily mitigate damage thanks to her trait, and blind opponents.
Cassia is greatly hindered against teams that feature heavy spell damage, since she has no forms of escape or ways to reduce that kind of damage. Raned burst oriented "mages" can easily worn her out, specially since her basic attack range is lower than other ranged Heroes.
- Amazon Warmatron (base)
|Amazon Warmatron||Wild Cassia||Wondrous Cassia||Soaring 100|
- Pirate Queen 100
- From their secret hideout in Kraken's Cove, Cassia’s fleet of ships unfurl their black sails on a mission to loot and plunder. Mistharbour will soon bow to a new pirate queen.
- This skin is related to the Mistharbour themed-skins.
|Pirate Queen||Bloodsail||Seafury||Velvet 150|
- Warmatron 100
- After her victory against the Prime Evils, Cassia ascended through the ranks of the Askari to become their most legendary commander. The Warmatron’s battle armor is a gift from Queen Xaera herself.
- Lunar 150
- Though Cassia was skeptical of the Nexus's Lunar Festival at first, the act of honoring ancient gods and elders rings true to her Askari roots. She now gladly takes part in the festivities.
- Accordingly to her in-game lore and interactions with the other Heroes, Cassia has been transported into the Nexus after the events of Diablo II.
- The "Wondrous" variation of her base skin is a reference to Wonder Woman.
- Many of Cassia's abilities and talents make references to the Amazon's abilities and talents in Diablo II.
- Many of Cassia's talents make references to items obtained in Diablo II.
- The level 1 talent is the name of an unique Javelin .
- The level 1 talent is the name of an unique amulet (however, it is aimed at Paladins).
- The level 4 talent references the sufix "Leech", that can be found in random magical items, which causes attacks to steal life per hit.
- The level 4 talent references the sufix "Whale", that can be found in random magical items, and increases the user's maximum life.
- The level 7 talent is the name of an unique pair of boots.
- The level 13 talent is the name an unique belt. This item also returns in Diablo III.
- The level 20 talent is the name of another unique Javelin.
- (Patch April 24, 2018) Note: Soaring Cassia skin added.
- (Patch February 6, 2018) Note: Lunar skins added.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Whirlpool Pirate Queen and Velvet Pirate Queen added.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Aranoch Warmatron Cassia, Askari Warmatron Cassia skins added.
- (Patch September 20, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 125 to 130.
- (Patch April 12, 2017) Note: Pirate Queen Cassia’s eyes have been uncrossed.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Added.