The Faerie Dragons of Ashenvale are known for their playful demeanor, seemingly disappearing at a whim. The mischievous Brightwing is no exception, often materializing out of nowhere to save her allies or just mock her foes.
Faerie dragons have long been used by the night elves in their endeavors. They have a powerful natural defense against magic and the unique ability to phase out of reality. The faerie dragon's defense mechanism appears to work by encasing itself within a strong energy shield, which repels most magic and conventional attacks. While in this form they can siphon the unused magical energy wasted in basic spell casting, and then focus, amplify, and direct it back at the unfortunate caster in a sort of "feedback" attack. This ability is very powerful but requires a great deal of effort, and can only be used sporadically, requiring the dragon to rest between uses. For this reason, the faerie dragons often travel in packs.
- Global presence thanks to
- Strong waveclear and siege with
- Large range of utility from spell armor, , vision to area denial
- Can assist any ally in all phases thanks to having no cost
- Very vulnerable to burst damage
- Moves slower than most heroes since it cannot use mount
- Cannot solo
- Vulnerable to resilient physical attackers
- Low and difficult-to-control burst heal
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Instead of using a mount, Brightwing is able to teleport to an ally Hero using "Phase Shift" [Z]. This mobility-focused ability can be especially useful on Dragon Shire, where Brightwing’s "Phase Shift" can help teammates secure objectives on the other side of the map.
- Stay near your teammates! Brightwing’s combat trait "Soothing Mist" will automatically heal any allies next to her after a short amount of time.
- "Arcane Flair" [Q] has a short cast time, so try using it as a zoning tool, rather than simply as a source of damage.
- Use "Polymorph" [W] on huge targets such as Tassadar’s Twilight Messiah, Stitches, or Diablo!
- Faerie Dragon (base)
|Faerie Dragon||Tropical||Darkwing||Primal 150|
- Monarch 100
- Just like the flawless butterfly from which she takes her name, Monarch Brightwing has many ways to sting. Kneel peasant! For you face the Monarch! And her wrath is cruel...
- Fey Dragon 100
- The fey magic from which Brightwing draws her power is wild and chaotic. Her very form reflects its unstable nature, ever shifting, like an image from a dream.
- Flying Monkey 400
- The magical flying creatures of Sky Temple often cause troubles for the locals. It can be hard to run a successful bazaar when your merchandise disappears into thin air.
- This skin is related to the Luxoria themed-skins. Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Bewitching 150 (Hallow's End event)
- Taking her Hallow's End costume seriously, Brightwing has amassed an impressive variety of "ingredients" for her cauldron. Just don't ask where they came from.
- This skin is related to the Hallow's End themed-skins.
- Brightwing comes from a long line of Faerie Dragons who first appeared in Warcraft III’s expansion Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, which premiered in 2003.
- Faerie Dragons have also been called Sprite Darters and Fey Dragons.
- While the two characters have no correlation, there is a Blood Elf Ranger-General in the Warcraft universe called Halduron Brightwing.
- (Patch March 27, 2018) Note: Primal Brightwing added.
- (Patch January 24, 2018) Note: Base Maximum Health increased from 1395 to 1450; Health Regen increased from 2.91 to 3.02.
- (Patch November 29, 2017) Note: Base Maximum Health reduced from 1470 to 1395; Health Regen reduced from 3.06 to 2.91; Basic Attack Damage reduced from 85 to 81.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Bewitching Brightwing added.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Brightwing’s prices have been reduced to 7,000 Gold and $8.49 USD.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: Brightwing’s in-game Hero portrait has received animation polish.; Brightwing has received updated art and visual effects to coincide with her Talent rework.
- 2014-02-23, A Challenger Appears: Brightwing the Faerie Dragon - Full Ability List, Thunder Lizard Mount. Heroes Nexus, accessed on 2014-03-12
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01