(6/10) (6/10) (8/10) (5/10)
Artanis is a Melee Warrior Hero from the StarCraft universe. Individuals who purchase (or pre-ordered) Legacy of the Void will gain free access to him in Heroes of the Storm.
- 1 Background
- 2 Gameplay Summary
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Traits
- 5 Heroic Abilities
- 6 Talents
- 7 Talent Builds
- 8 Tips
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Skins
- 11 Development
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Patch changes
- 14 References
- 15 External links
Hierarch Artanis is an indomitable warrior who seeks to unify his beleaguered people. As a renowned Templar with centuries of experience, Artanis combines martial prowess and tactical acumen—striking swiftly with his psi-blades, taking the brunt of enemy assaults with his shields, or calling upon his flagship, the Spear of Adun, to turn his foes into dust. He’ll let nothing stand in his way to restore the glory of the protoss.
- Strong waveclear and solo
- Pairs well with melee enablers
- Both heroics have global range
- can isolate and counter divers
- Good in chasing targets with large selection of abilities
- has limited capacity and requires time to recharge even when Artanis is attacking
- Dependent on aggressive play even though his sustain is limited
- Powerless when escaping
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Hierarch of the Daelaam (base)
- Zer'atai is free for those who have purchased StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
|Hierarch of the Daelaam||Vermilion||Onyx||Zer'atai 150|
- Purifier 100
- Shortly after reactivation, Artanis purged Aiur of the protoss in an act of open rebellion. Now the Hierarch of the Purifiers leads his people on a quest to cleanse the sector of all organic life.
- Features altered voice-over.
- Daelaam 100
- The Khala is lost, and the war against Amon rages across the Koprulu Sector. Aboard the Spear of Adun, Artanis and his forces are the last hope against annihilation.
- Hierarch 100
- As hierarch, Artanis strives for unity among his people. Drawing inspiration from the cultures of both Aiur and Shakuras, his ceremonial armor is a symbol of (sic) their combined strength.
- Shogun 400
- The Daelaam Shogunaete is not blind to its people's suffering. Artanis, the newly appointed Shogun, has sworn to bring the Lenassa to justice before another clan falls to their dark blades.
- Features themed abilities.
As early as 2011 Artanis was considered as a playable hero in Heroes of the Storm. Originally, Fenix was going to be the first StarCraft warrior hero, but as Fenix was put on the backburner, Artanis received the position.
- The "Test Model" variation of his Purifier skin is a reference to Evangelion Unit 01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is made even more evident as in the series, EVA 01 is referred as a "Test Model" as well.
- Artanis's name is "Sinatra" spelled backwards. It is also one of the names of Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings.
- (Patch March 27, 2018) Note: Zer’atai Artanis added.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Artanis’ prices have been reduced to 7,000 Gold and 625 Gems.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Reduced the period during which Artanis is locked in place during his Basic Attacks to be consistent with other Heroes with similar attack timings.; Allies will no longer hear Artanis’s death voiceover globally.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Basic Attack has received animation adjustments to coincide with his new Basic Attack timing.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Received updated visual effects and talent icon color tints.
- (Patch July 27, 2016) Note: Health increased from 2245 to 2470; Health Regen increased from 4.68 to 5.15.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Purifier Artanis’ blades have been slightly scaled down to better fit within his armor.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Health reduced from 2335 (+4% per level) to 2245 (+4% per level).; Health Regeneration reduced from approximately 4.86 (+4% per level) to 4.67 (+4% per level).
- (Patch March 9, 2016) Note: Health increased from 2245 (+4% per level) to 2335 (+4% per level); Health Regeneration increased from approximately 4.67 per second (+4% per level) to approximately 4.86 per second (+4% per level).
- (Patch November 17, 2015) Note: Artanis has received improvements for his walk animations.
- 2015-09-13, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-09-15
- Artanis, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-10-28
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- 2015-08-16, If you are waiting for Fenix, I have some news from GamesCom. Reddit, accessed on 2015-08-22
- 2015-11-06, Heroes of the Storm – Hero Deep Dive | Summary. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-11-09