Once a proud nerubian king, Anub'arak dared to stand against the Lich King's invasion, but despite his bravery, he too fell to the unrelenting Scourge. Resurrected into undeath, the Traitor King now serves as a towering, weapon of destruction. But here in the Nexus, no one commands his power!
The former king of Azjol-Nerub, Anub'arak was among the nerubians slaughtered in the War of the Spider. Ner'zhul the Lich King raised the high lords of the Spider Kingdom as undead to do his bidding, Anub'arak among them.
Now as a malicious crypt lord, he is forced to use his powers to purge the snow swept landscape of any remaining resistance to the reign of the Lich King. Despite the pleas from his former subjects, he has been ordered to massacre many nerubians who tried to oppose the undead.
Tier 1, Hero Level 1
Tier 2, Hero Level 4
Tier 3, Hero Level 7
Tier 4, Hero Level 10
Tier 5, Hero Level 13
Tier 6, Hero Level 16
Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Anub'arak excels at initiating fights and forcing engagements.
- Anub'arak is a nimble character, despite his size. He is good at jumping under lines and evading very quickly. He is a significant threat for DPS-type characters such as the Demon Hunter and Nova.
- Anub'arak is effective against towers as per his beetle ability. The beetles will absorb tower fire, allowing Anub'arak to attack the structures.
- If specced mainly for scarabs, Anu'arak can become even sturdier, and one of the most durable Heroes in the game. The most important Talents for this are Legion of Beetles and Leeching Scarab. This makes Anub'arak spawns more bugs that will heal him whenever they attack.
- “Burrowing Charge” [E] can be activated a second time to force Anub’arak to pop up from underground. Use the maneuver to knock up unsuspecting enemies or to chase fleeing opponents.
- “Web Blast” [R] is fantastic for interrupting important Heroic Abilities. For example, try to Web Blast on a Valla’s “Strafe” or an Illidan using “The Hunt.”
- “Impale” [Q] is a long ranged knock up. Use it aggressively to delay opponents from grabbing a tribute on Cursed Hollow, or to initiate a team fight. The high amount of hitstun it causes gives the chance for the team to engage more efficiently and eliminate key-opponents while they're stunned.
- Traitor King Anub'arak (base)
- Underking Anub'arak 100
- A Spider Lord's carapace has been known to deflect blades, arrows, and even siege weaponry all on its own. When fitted with armor, it is all but unstoppable.
- Love Bug 400
- Once you're bitten, you're smitten.
- This skin is related to the Valentine's Day themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
- Anub'alisk 600
- Anub'alisk was evolved to safeguard the birthing colony of Cavir from any threats. After the second Overmind's death, the Lurker Lord remained feral until he was recovered by Abathur and Mukav's rogue brood.
- This skin is related to the StarCraft themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
- Cyb’arak Anub’arak 1600
- The Defense mecha Cyb'arak designed by Frozen Throne technologies has proven instrumental in the defense of the African continent against the Kaijo monsters.
- This skin is related to the Mechas VS Kaijos themed-skins. Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Deatholme Underking Anub’arak skin added.
- (Patch September 8, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue causing the Neon Cyb'arak Skin to replace the base Cyb'arak Anub'arak Skin in-game and in the Collection.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Anub'alisk, Enraged Anub'alisk, Kaldir Anub'alisk, Omega Anub'alisk, Venomous Anub'alisk skins added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced from 95 to 91; Base Maximum Health reduced from 2003 to 1925.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Spell Armor reduced from 25 to 20; Basic Attack damage reduced from 99 to 95.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Now has 25 Spell Armor; Health decreased from 2226 to 2003; Health Regeneration decreased from 4.64 to 4.17.
- (Patch December 6, 2016) Note: Base Health increased from 2120 to 2226; Health Regeneration increased from 4.4 to 4.6 per second.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Base maximum Health increased from 1926 to 2120; Health regen increased from 4.0 to 4.4.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Voiceover will now play properly while idling on Anub’arak’s Hero page in the Shop.
- (Patch June 21, 2016) Note: Base Health decreased from 2026 to 1926; Health Regen decreased from 4.22 to 4.01 per second.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Health increased from 1926 (+4% per level) to 2026 (+4% per level); Health Regeneration increased from 4.01 (+4% per level) to 4.22 (+4% per level) Health per second.
- 2014-09-30, ANUB'ARAK HERO WEEK. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-10-03